Re: database size grows (even after vacuum (full and analyze))....

От Joao Miguel Ferreira
Тема Re: database size grows (even after vacuum (full and analyze))....
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
> There are a couple of possibilities worth checking. One is that there aren't
> idle transactions staying open for a long time. These would prevent vacuum
> from removing deleted rows as these transactions could still see them.

bruno,

thanks for the feedback.

some things;

1) How can I check these possible open transactions ?

> Another possibility is that the FSM is too low and there isn't enough space to
> track all of rows that can be recovered. (Vacuuming more often will also
> reduce the needed FSM setting.) A third possible issue is index bloat, which
> can happen on older versions (7.4ish) of Postgres where key values increase (or
> decrease) montonicly.

2) what is FSM ?

3) mybe you are right. one of the tables has a UNIQUE clause that
includes an ever growing INT column (the UNIQUE clause also includes
some TEXT columns). The other two tables also include one column that is
an ever growing INT, too, with no special clauses. But I'm using Pg7.2
(as originally included in Fedora Core 3). Is this something to care
about or should I simply let it be ?

Thanks

joao

Сообщение: Re: database size grows (even after vacuum (full and analyze))....
Сообщение: Re: database size grows (even after vacuum (full and analyze))....