Re: Missing uuid_generate_v1()

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Missing uuid_generate_v1()
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Mike Christensen <mike@kitchenpc.com> writes:
> On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 6:59 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Mike Christensen <mike@kitchenpc.com> writes:
>>> However, libuuid.so.16 is still "not found"..
>>
>> So have you got libuuid.anything in /usr/lib (or /usr/lib64 as the case
>> may be)?

> /usr/lib# ls -l libuuid*
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 28068 Mar 22  2010 libuuid.a
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    21 Oct  7 01:54 libuuid.so -> /lib/libuuid.so.1.3.0

Well, apparently the copy of Postgres you have was built on a different
platform than you're using ... one where libuuid is thought to be at
major version 16.  I don't know where that would've been exactly ---
on my Fedora box, libuuid is libuuid.so.1.3.0 also.

You need to get those version numbers to match up, either by finding a
version of PG that *was* built on your platform, or by rebuilding PG
locally.

I have heard of people hacking this type of situation by creating a
symlink from one library version to the other, but that seems pretty
risky to me.