Pattern Matching doc

От Michael Toews
Тема Pattern Matching doc
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Hi,

I've noticed two issues with the 8.4 documentation, see:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/functions-matching.html

Firstly, search for "///". This should only have two slashes "//".

Secondly, search for "An RE cannot..." after the table named "Regular Expression Atoms". I think this should be changed
to"A regular expression pattern cannot..." (or alternatively, "A pattern cannot...".

I've produced a diff output using pgsql/browser/trunk/pgsql/doc/src/sgml/func.sgml from CVS

3448c3448
< SELECT foo FROM regexp_split_to_table('the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog', E'\\\s+') AS foo;
---
> SELECT foo FROM regexp_split_to_table('the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog', E'\\s+') AS foo;
3648c3648
<     An RE cannot end with <literal>\</>.
---
>     A regular expression pattern cannot end with <literal>\</>.

Regards,
-Mike