Re: Step by step and thorough pgadmin/postgresql documentation

От Marcin Stępnicki
Тема Re: Step by step and thorough pgadmin/postgresql documentation
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 7:59 AM, Gerhard Botha <gbotha@winder.co.za> wrote:
> On my installation, the regular user is denied access to this table.

I think you've missed that you also need to grant USAGE privilege for
the schema. http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/sql-grant.html

> I then log on as the super user and go to the table and click on the
> privileges tab. Here, I find no sign of the users I have created. Only
> "public".

Go to File/Options/Preferences and turn on "Show users for
privileges". This should be default in my opinion.

> So I need a tutorial because right now I do not know if the installation
> suffers from some weird problem or if I simply do not understand postgresql
> and pgadmin.

The latter, I suppose :-). However, I understand your problem. I am
not aware of such tutorial, but if you need some sample databases you
may take a look at http://pgfoundry.org/frs/?group_id=1000150 . That
should be helpful.

Regards,
Marcin