Re: [Bizgres-general] WAL bypass for INSERT, UPDATE and

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [Bizgres-general] WAL bypass for INSERT, UPDATE and
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> The problem is that you might want to grant 'truncate' to people who
> *aren't* particularly trusted.  For truncate, at least I have a
> real-world use-case for it.

I don't find this use-case particularly convincing.  If the users are
allowed to delete all data in a given table, then that table must be
dedicated to them anyway; so it's not that easy to see why you can't
risk giving them ownership rights on it.  The worst they can do is
screw up their own data, no?

In any case, I don't see what's so wrong with the model of using
SECURITY DEFINER interface functions when you want a security
restriction that's finer-grain than the system provides.  I really
*don't* want to see us trying to, say, categorize every variety of
ALTER TABLE as a separately grantable privilege.  I could live with
something like a catchall "ADMIN" privilege ... except it's not
clear how that would differ from ownership.

Сообщение: Re: Why don't we allow DNS names in pg_hba.conf?
Сообщение: Re: Why don't we allow DNS names in pg_hba.conf?