Re: directory archive format for pg_dump

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: directory archive format for pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndQuadrant.fr> writes:
> I think I'd like to see a separate patch for the new compression
> support. Sorry about that, I realize that's extra work…

That part of the patch is likely to get rejected outright anyway,
so I *strongly* recommend splitting it out.  We have generally resisted
adding random compression algorithms to pg_dump because of license and
patent considerations, and I see no reason to suppose this one is going
to pass muster.