Re: GNU readline and BSD license

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: GNU readline and BSD license
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> someone brought up that when configure runs, it is adding -lreadline to
> the backend compile, even though that I don't think there is any reason
> for doing such?

There isn't --- configure is just sloppy in that it supplies the same
library list for all programs we build.  (This might be a fair amount
of work to change; never looked at it.)

However, I don't see what that has to do with the licensing argument.
We stand or fall on psql's use of libreadline, and having useless
dependencies from other executables doesn't alter anything that I can
see.

Сообщение: Re: GNU readline and BSD license
Сообщение: Re: GNU readline and BSD license