Re: Error accessing PostgreSQL

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Error accessing PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Ricardo Maia <rmaia@criticalsoftware.com> writes:
> When I am trying to connect to PostgreSQL e get the following error:

> ERROR:  pg_attribute_attrelid_index: cannot extend.  Check free disk space.

While you're trying to *connect*? That's hard to believe.  I would think
only table creation or addition of a column would cause an attempt to
add an entry to pg_attribute_attrelid_index.

> Could it be other problem than disk space?

Hard to tell.  Try updating to a more recent version of Postgres --- in
recent releases (7.0.3 and up), this message includes the specific
kernel error code that's being returned by write().