Re: XLogReadRecord() error in XlogReadTwoPhaseData()

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: XLogReadRecord() error in XlogReadTwoPhaseData()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> writes:
> On Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 12:49:16PM +1300, Thomas Munro wrote:
>> Trying out a new idea: what if we could tell the buildfarm website
>> that a certain test is currently expected to fail for reasons we can't
>> fix yet (configuration change needed but owner not responding, or
>> bugfix from another project needed, etc)?  That could cause it to be
>> displayed in a different shade of green, or grey, or whatever?  Other
>> kinds of failures would still show as red.  Perhaps this would be
>> configured with a file in a git repo that any committer can push to.

> That would be a better capability to use if we had it, agreed.  Is it feasible
> to acquire that capability soon enough?

It's not merely a website issue: you'd really rather that the
buildfarm animal runs the rest of the tests rather than going belly-up
after an expected failure.  I think your suggestion about skipping
problematic tests based on an environment variable is more practical
in the near term.  We already have some cases like that, too, eg in
src/bin/psql/t/010_tab_completion.pl.

In the long term I could get behind having some less ad-hoc way
of skipping tests, but I don't think we can have that quickly.