Re: Procedural language definitions (was Re: 8.1 and syntax checking at create time)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Procedural language definitions (was Re: 8.1 and syntax checking at create time)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> I feel the best idea for a non-initdb-forcing solution is to hardwire
>> the template knowledge into CREATE LANGUAGE for 8.1 (with of course the
>> intention of doing my full original proposal for 8.2).  With that in
>> place, the only messiness from loading old dumps is that you would have
>> handler function definitions in public --- but they wouldn't be used
>> (the actual languages would rely on handlers in pg_catalog) and could be
>> dropped easily.

> Ok, that sounds good. Maybe have pg_dump issue a warning about the
> useless handler funcs left lying around?

Again, you're imagining that we can retroactively fix existing pg_dumps.
A pg_dump that's aware of this change will simply not dump handlers at
all --- so it doesn't need to issue any warning.

Сообщение: Re: Remove xmin and cmin from frozen tuples
Сообщение: Re: Remove xmin and cmin from frozen tuples