Re: Performances issues with SSD volume ?

От Glyn Astill
Тема Re: Performances issues with SSD volume ?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Likely 3.2 kernel isn't helping, but I think we need much more information before jumping to conclusions.

You say you're IO bound, so some output from sar / iostat / dstat and pg_stat_activity etc before and during the issue
wouldbe of use.

Also:
    System memory size

    SSD Model numbers and how many
    Raid controller
    Partition allignments and stripe sizes
    Kernel options
    Filesystem used and mount options
    IO Scheduler
    Postgresql version and configuration
    Connection pool sizing

Perhaps you could thow us the output of some of these:

    fdisk -l
    cat /etc/mtab
    cat /sys/block/<ssd device>/queue/scheduler
    sysctl kernel | grep sched
    sysctl vm
    select * from pg_stat_activity
    select name, setting from pg_settings