Re: Installation instructions vs binaries

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Installation instructions vs binaries
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> I think we're talking about a different repetitiveness. If I apply Davids
> suggestion to that patch, then instead of:

> +  <para>
> +   If you are using a pre-packaged version
> +   of <productname>PostgreSQL</productname>, it may well have a specific
> +   convention for where to place the data directory, and it may also
> +   provide a script for creating the data directory.  In that case you

> It would say something like
> Pre-packaged versions of PostgreSQL may have a specific convention....
> (rest unchanged).

[ shrug... ]  Well, I wrote that text, so naturally I like it the way
it is ;-).  Perhaps a neutral observer would like the shorter version
better, not sure.  But I think pluralizing "versions" is going to make
it harder to construct the rest of the sentence non-ambiguously.
You really only want to be talking about one data directory location
and one wrapper script.

Сообщение: Re: Installation instructions vs binaries
Сообщение: Re: Installation instructions vs binaries