Re: 8.4 open item: copy performance regression?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 8.4 open item: copy performance regression?
Дата
Re: 8.4 open item: copy performance regression?  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> I thought he was asking for a solution to the problem of WALInsertLock
>> contention.  In any case, we have "WAL bypass on a table by table basis"
>> now, don't we?

> If we do I'm ignorant of it ;-) How do we say "Never WAL this table"?

Make it a temporary table.

The more useful case for data load is "create or truncate it in the
same transaction", of course.

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: 8.4 open item: copy performance regression?
Сообщение: Re: 8.4 open item: copy performance regression?