Re: More tzdb fun: POSIXRULES is being deprecated upstream

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: More tzdb fun: POSIXRULES is being deprecated upstream
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
>> It might be nice to know what
>> Debian, RHEL, etc. plan to do about this, but I'm not sure how
>> practical it is to find out.

> There's probably no way to know until it happens :-(.

On the other hand, for the open-source players, it might be easier to
guess.  I took a look at the Fedora/RHEL tzdata specfile, and I see
that "-p America/New_York" is hard-wired into it:

zic -y ./yearistype -d zoneinfo -L /dev/null -p America/New_York $FILES

This means that IANA's change of their sample Makefile will have no
direct impact, and things will only change if the Red Hat packager
actively changes the specfile.  It's still anyone's guess whether
he/she will do so, but the odds of a change seem a good bit lower
than if the IANA-supplied Makefile were being used directly.

I'm less familiar with Debian so I won't venture to dig into their
package, but maybe somebody else would like to.