Re: 7.4.1 install problems on OS X 10.3

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 7.4.1 install problems on OS X 10.3
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
beyaRecords - The home Urban music <uzo@beya-records.com> writes:
> I have been forced to re-buid postgresql 7.4.1 but am encountering a
> problem when i do the following:

> creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1... FATAL:
> could not create shared memory segment: Cannot allocate memory
> DETAIL:  Failed system call was shmget(key=1, size=1081344, 03600).

You're out of shared memory.  Did you shut down the old postmaster
before trying this?  The default shared memory size on OS X is not large
enough to run more than one postmaster at a time (unless you reduce
7.4's default shared_buffers and max_connections quite a bit).

If you didn't shut down the old postmaster cleanly (eg you did kill -9
or some such) then the old shared memory segment may still be hanging
around even though it's not in use.  OS X doesn't seem to have ipcs or
ipcrm, so there's no real easy way to check this, and no way to get rid
of such a segment except to reboot :-(.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: