Re: contrib/ltree for 7.2 or 7.3 ?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: contrib/ltree for 7.2 or 7.3 ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Oleg Bartunov wrote:
>> One known issue: It'll not works with 64-bit OS. We'll certainly fix this
>> but will appreciate if somebody with access to 64-bit machine could help us.

Actually, it dumps core instantly on 32-bit machines too, if they are
pickier about alignment than Intel hardware is.  You can't map
structures onto char[] arrays that start at odd byte offsets and not
expect trouble.

I also do not trust macros like this:

typedef struct {int32    len;uint16    numlevel;char    data[1];
} ltree;

#define LTREE_HDRSIZE    ( sizeof(int32) + sizeof(uint16) )

because they take no account of the possibility of padding between fields.