Re: Casting Integer to Boolean in assignment

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Casting Integer to Boolean in assignment
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Geoff Winkless <pgsqladmin@geoff.dj> writes:
> On Thu, 24 Jan 2019 at 14:28, David G. Johnston
> <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
>> To assist developers in avoiding the writing of buggy queries.

> Amazing how many of these developers find this a hindrance. If only
> they could see how helpful we're being to them.

People don't generally post to the lists after a type-mismatch error
catches a typo for them.  So it's pretty hard to tell about "how
many" developers would find one behavior more useful than the other.
It is safe to say, though, that the same developer complaining today
might have their bacon saved tomorrow.