Re: pg_restore failing with "ERROR: out of memory"

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_restore failing with "ERROR: out of memory"
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Aaron Brown <abrown@bzzagent.com> writes:
> I�m attempting to do something that should be a trivially simple task.  I
> want to do a data only dump from my production data in the public schema and
> restore it on another machine.

Does it really need to be data-only?  A regular schema+data dump usually
restores a lot faster.

Your immediate problem is probably that it's running out of memory for
pending foreign-key triggers.  Even if it didn't run out of memory, the
ensuing one-tuple-at-a-time checks would take forever.  You'd be better
off dropping the FK constraint, loading the data, and re-creating the
constraint.

There's further discussion of bulk-loading tricks in the manual:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/populate.html