Re: Solaris 9 and PgSQL 8.1.3 - createdb Link Fails

От Paul D. Smith
Тема Re: Solaris 9 and PgSQL 8.1.3 - createdb Link Fails
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
%% Steve Waltner <swaltner@engenio.com> writes:

  sw> Thanks for the link to the new make source code. I hadn't
  sw> originally found the beta source code on alpha.gnu.org when I
  sw> downloaded the 3.81beta2 code back in September, so I didn't think
  sw> to look there.

Yes; there was a problem with the secure uploads to the GNU ftp servers
(both alpha and ftp) back then so I hosted that beta myself.  That
problem was later fixed, so beta3, beta4, and rc1 have all been hosted
on alpha.

  sw> Upgrading GNU make did the trick. I'm able to compile the
  sw> PostgreSQL source code using a "make -j 8" command on our Sun
  sw> V490. This compilation problem appears to have simply been a bug
  sw> in GNU Make 3.81beta2 that was fixed somewhere along the way to
  sw> 3.81rc1.

Good to know!

Thanks for testing this.

Cheers!