Re: postgresql 7.4.2 binary for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: postgresql 7.4.2 binary for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Christopher Smith <christopherl_smith@yahoo.com> writes:
> I have endeavored to do so however, I get these errors....  Is there a way to change the build script(s) to ignore
thistcl library requirement?

> error: failed build dependencies:
>         tcl-devel is needed by postgresql-7.4.2-1PGDG

Just tell rpmbuild to ignore dependencies (--nodeps or some such).  The
dependency on tcl-devel is bogus for older RH installations, because
they didn't have a separate package for tcl's development stuff.

There is another way to do it involving defining a symbol to tell the
build script which platform you are on, but --nodeps is easier ...