Re: proposal - plpgsql: execute using into

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: proposal - plpgsql: execute using into
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Pavel Stehule" <pavel.stehule@hotmail.com> writes:
> Current EXECUTE statemtn doesn't support other way for parametrisation than
> concating strings. It works well but it's little bit unreadable. Oracle's
> statement EXECUTE has positional replacement feature.
> There are some problems about replacing string values in the SQL string.

Doesn't the Oracle implementation already imply a solution to that?

The examples you give look to me like they are escaping problems waiting
to happen, especially in view of the upcoming change in default
backslash behavior, so this whole thing makes me feel pretty nervous.
I think we'd be best off to leave EXECUTE alone, at least until we've
converged to the point where almost nobody is using non-standard-compliant
strings.