Re: Suggestion: Explain how to move objects to the default tablespace in sql-altertable.html

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Suggestion: Explain how to move objects to the default tablespace in sql-altertable.html
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Holger Jakobs <holger@jakobs.com> writes:
> Since the default tablespace doesn't have to be mentioned in CREATing an
> object, the information wouldn't be helpful there.
> But when ALTERing an object in order to move it to the default
> tablespace, its name has to be mentioned explicitly. That's where it's
> lacking.

It seems like the core misunderstanding here is closely associated
with the notion that the default tablespace is "unnamed".  Every
tablespace has a name.  I'm not sure where we might need to clarify
that, but I suspect it's somewhere around the default_tablespace
setting, not ALTER TABLE.