Re: Change password

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Change password
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Venkat jumbo <venkatpostgresql@gmail.com> writes:
> Can we force the user to changepassword every month /days. (passwordexpired
>  )
> Do we have this option in postgres-10 ?

Postgres doesn't do that directly, though there is a provision for
setting an expiration date on a password.  If you want rules like
that, you might look at using PAM auth and then coding the rules
with PAM modules.

FWIW, forced password changes are widely considered to be poor
security practice these days.  Before you bull ahead with this,
you might read a few experts, for example

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/blogs/techftc/2016/03/time-rethink-mandatory-password-changes
https://www.sans.org/security-awareness-training/blog/time-password-expiration-die
https://www.extremetech.com/computing/292534-microsoft-says-forced-password-resets-dont-improve-security
https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2016/08/frequent_passwo.html