Re: pgAgent STDERR and Time Zone Questions

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: pgAgent STDERR and Time Zone Questions
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Jan 11, 2012, at 8:54 AM, David E. Wheeler wrote:

> Maybe I can install the Git build on the production box that’s having the problems and squeeze in a few tests between
hourlyruns of production code…I’ll try to do that today.

Done. Here's what I got with the RPM build running:

postgres=# select * from pgagent.pga_jobsteplog where jsljlgid = 180;
-[ RECORD 1 ]------------------------------
jslid       | 225
jsljlgid    | 180
jsljstid    | 25
jslstatus   | s
jslresult   | 5
jslstart    | 2012-01-11 20:09:23.525634+00
jslduration | 00:00:00.010944
jsloutput   |

Not right. Then with the patched Git build:

postgres=# select * from pgagent.pga_jobsteplog where jsljlgid = 181;
-[ RECORD 1 ]------------------------------
jslid       | 226
jsljlgid    | 181
jsljstid    | 25
jslstatus   | f
jslresult   | 255
jslstart    | 2012-01-11 20:17:50.985678+00
jslduration | 00:00:00.007648
jsloutput   |

Which looks just fine. The log file was empty again and the error sent to the terminal (STDERR, I'm sure).

So either the changes in 2aec3bc473e583f8fa07e133bc8def60ff1c09fe or some other commit fixed the underlying problem, or
somethingis wonky with the RPM. I can’t imagine what, though, because I build from Git exactly the same way as Devrim
hasthings specified in the pgagent.spec.
 http://svn.pgrpms.org/browser/rpm/redhat/9.1/pgagent/EL-5/pgagent.spec

I can leave the RPM build in place for the moment, but once I get some monitoring stuff written, I will either install
anew RPM (assuming Devrim has created one) or I will build from Git and install it.

Thanks,

David

От: David E. Wheeler
Сообщение: Re: pgAgent STDERR and Time Zone Questions
От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: pgAgent STDERR and Time Zone Questions