Re: pgAgent STDERR and Time Zone Questions

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: pgAgent STDERR and Time Zone Questions
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Jan 11, 2012, at 12:17 AM, Dave Page wrote:

> We haven't released a new version since then. I'm somewhat mystified
> about the lack of log data though - that's just plain odd. I assume
> it's not dumping it to stdout (which should only happen if a logfile
> isn't specified - which you seem to have done)?

Yes, the "WTF!" did get emitted to the terminal where I ran pgagent, presumably STDERR, though.

>> Going back to the box that originally had this problem, which also uses Devrim’s RPM, I created a new test job with
exactlythe same step as above. There I get:

>> postgres=# select * from pgagent.pga_jobsteplog where jsljlgid = 155;
>> -[ RECORD 1 ]------------------------------
>> jslid       | 177
>> jsljlgid    | 155
>> jsljstid    | 21
>> jslstatus   | s
>> jslresult   | 5
>> jslstart    | 2012-01-10 22:18:42.995252+00
>> jslduration | 00:00:00.013335
>>
>> Which just seems wrong. Both boxes are running CentOS 5.5 (Linux 2.6.18-194.el5). Might there be a difference in the
versionof Wx installed or something to account for this?

> Are both systems 32bit?

Both are 64 bit, identical CentOS 5.5 builds:

Linux foo.example.com 2.6.18-194.el5 #1 SMP Fri Apr 2 14:58:14 EDT 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Linux bar.example.com 2.6.18-194.el5 #1 SMP Fri Apr 2 14:58:14 EDT 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

One is a VM, the other big iron. Shouldn’t make a difference, I wouldn’t think.

> I can't imagine a wxWidgets version would
> cause such a difference - the code that handles the return values is
> mostly pure C++, and the wxWidgets code that is there is so common
> (things like wxT, wxString) that we'd see weirdness all over the place
> in a bunch of apps if that was broken.

Yeah, it was a wild stab. I sure wish it would have been the same behavior on both boxes. *sigh*

Maybe I can install the Git build on the production box that’s having the problems and squeeze in a few tests between
hourlyruns of production code…I’ll try to do that today.

Best,

David

Сообщение: Re: pgAgent STDERR and Time Zone Questions
Сообщение: Re: pgAgent STDERR and Time Zone Questions