Re: contrib loose ends: 9.0 to 9.1 incompatibilities

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: contrib loose ends: 9.0 to 9.1 incompatibilities
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Well, it sounds like we're in agreement at least about 9.1, so we can
> leave the rest of the argument to another day.  I *am* surprised that
> you think it would take *thousands* of lines of code.

Well, it all depends on how much ALTER stuff you want to add.  An
open-ended commitment to write anything anybody could ever want
would certainly run to thousands of lines.  A narrow focus on fixing
proven problems would probably be a lot more manageable ... but if
you have ambitions of fixing problems before anyone has hit them,
it's going to be hard to keep it small.