Re: Simple thing to make pg_autovacuum more useful

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Simple thing to make pg_autovacuum more useful
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> You are offering what appears to be a "solution". A perfectly valid one
> in fact. Which one is going to get done first? Which one is going to
> provide immediate benefit?

The problem is that your "immediate benefit" is to encourage people
to do direct manual insertions into pg_autovacuum, which is something
that we shouldn't be encouraging, because it's not the correct long-term
solution.  Or even short-term --- it seems reasonably likely to me that
something could be done about building a decent API in the 8.4 cycle,
which is the soonest we could entertain a proposal to put defaults on
pg_autovacuum anyway.