Re: Trying to understand postgres crash

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Trying to understand postgres crash
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hanns Hartman <hwhartman@gmail.com> writes:
> On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 7:29 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Best guess is that something sent the background writer process a
>> SIGUSR2 signal.

> One other thought, my current setup mainly interacts with postgresql
> via libpq and very rarely via psql.  I have four connections open to
> postgresql, two of which are connected to one database and two
> connected to another.  Could that set up or some bad usage of libpq be
> leading to this signal being generated?

Shouldn't.  You're not running the client-side code as the postgres
user, are you?  Barring a surprising kernel bug, only postgres-owned
or root-owned processes could successfully issue kill(SIGUSR2) against
the background writer process, so that set of processes is where you
need to look.  I'd first try getting rid of any operations that are
running under the postgres account but don't really need to do so.