Re: Regrading TODO item alerting pg_hba.conf from SQL

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Regrading TODO item alerting pg_hba.conf from SQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> there is actually no proof of the current order depency is really
>> a good idea. Other access lists work without that constraint.

> For something that may not be a good idea, it's awfully popular.

Didn't we have this entire discussion a month ago?

I don't think there would be any objection to adding a database-level
CONNECT privilege that's checked inside the database, *after* the
existing pg_hba.conf mechanism.  That requires no new concepts: we
already have databases and privilege bits for them.  If the default is
to grant CONNECT to PUBLIC then the behavior is backward-compatible, and
people can use the privilege, pg_hba.conf, or a combination to control
access.  (Might be best to call it USAGE so we don't need to create a
new reserved word, but that's a minor detail.)

Eliminating pg_hba.conf altogether is a much harder sell, because you'd
have to prove that you're not giving up any functionality, and quite
frankly I don't think you can prove that.  (Arguing that people don't
need the functionality you can't provide is not going to carry the day.)
In any case it would force a lot of relearning on DBAs, and there will
be push-back just because of that.  I'm also not pleased with adding a
bunch of concepts that are not even part of the SQL world (eg, SSL,
Unix-domain connections) into GRANT.

Сообщение: Re: Is full_page_writes=off safe in conjunction with
Сообщение: Re: Is full_page_writes=off safe in conjunction with