BUG #17110: [FEATURE REQUEST] Log all plans for a query instead of just showing the most optimal plan

От PG Bug reporting form
Тема BUG #17110: [FEATURE REQUEST] Log all plans for a query instead of just showing the most optimal plan
Дата
Ответы Re: BUG #17110: [FEATURE REQUEST] Log all plans for a query instead of just showing the most optimal plan  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      17110
Logged by:          masterskipper
Email address:      abhiroj95@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 11.10
Operating system:   debian9

Hi,

Recently, we had to optimize a query that was behaving differently on
different databases (because data distribution and selectivity on each DB
were different). The problem is that it is very very difficult today to
understand why is the DB selecting the query plan it shows (and not other
plans). For e.g. why prefer sequential scan over index scan? what were the
costs that it calculated which made it prefer sequential scan?

Investigating such issues will become way more user friendly rather than
doing a guess work in and out. I believe this is a valid request and would
request you to please consider some time to fix it.

Many Thanks,
Abhiroj

Сообщение: Re: IRe: BUG #16792: silent corruption of GIN index resulting in SELECTs returning non-matching rows
Сообщение: Re: IRe: BUG #16792: silent corruption of GIN index resulting in SELECTs returning non-matching rows