Re: Errors while vacuuming large tables

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Errors while vacuuming large tables
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Jeff Boes <jboes@nexcerpt.com> writes:
> We expire rows by a datestamp from a few fairly large tables in our
> schema (running 7.2.1).

> Recently, we get this message quite often on
> table A:

> ERROR:  Parent tuple was not found

Please update to 7.2.3 and see if things get better.

Also, if you're running on a recent Red Hat system, you might try Red
Hat's 7.2.3-based RHDB release (7.2.3-RH), which is not out yet but
should be out within days.  It has a few additional VACUUM fixes
back-patched from 7.3 work, which might solve your problem if the
standard 7.2.3 release doesn't.  (Note that I cannot recommend going to
7.2.2-RH in place of 7.2.3, due to the severity of the bugs that caused
us to release 7.2.3; those are not fixed in 7.2.2-RH, as they were not
found until after that release was frozen.)  Keep an eye on
http://www.redhat.com/software/database/ for the 7.2.3 update.