Re: Initdb panic: invalid record offset at 0/0 creating template1]

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Initdb panic: invalid record offset at 0/0 creating template1]
Дата
Список pgsql-general
DANTE ALEXANDRA <ALEXANDRA.DANTE@BULL.NET> writes:
> we recompiled and built an RPM on IA64, release of postgresql : 8.1.1,
> on RHEL4 update 2,
> the installation of the rpm seem to be good,
> we install with --nodeps , and we indicate the path for the library's
> /opt/intel_cc_80/lib
> but when trying to init with the user account "pg_811",
> it fall in panic,

Whose RPM did you use, and did you use any special options?  Why did
you feel it necessary to use --nodeps?

> DEBUG:  invoking IpcMemoryCreate(size=11083776)
> LOG:  database system was shut down at 2006-01-20 07:13:57 CET
> LOG:  invalid primary checkpoint link in control file
> PANIC:  invalid record offset at 0/0
> child process was terminated by signal 6

Hm, I wonder what's getting written into the files ... would you run
initdb with --noclean and then post the results of
    * pg_controldata $PGDATA
    * od -x $PGDATA/pg_xlog/000000010000000000000000
(I'm assuming that the file is there and od won't produce much output
... if it comes to megabytes don't post it ...)