Re: [HACKERS] Simultaneous index creates on different schemas cause deadlock?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Simultaneous index creates on different schemas cause deadlock?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"anarazel@anarazel.de" <andres@anarazel.de> writes:
> I don't have access to the code ATM an I wonder whether DROP CONCURRENTLY has a similar problem? Depends a bit on how
thewaiting is done...

It's not a problem --- that code doesn't depend on waiting for snapshots
to expire, it just checks for other sessions holding locks on the target
table.  (I also did some experimental testing to verify this.)