Re: Symbol referencing errors

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Symbol referencing errors
Дата
Re: Symbol referencing errors  (Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Li Japin <japinli@hotmail.com> writes:
> When I compile PostgreSQL-11.2 on SmartOS, I find the following errors:
> ld: warning: symbol referencing errors

Yeah, our SmartOS buildfarm members show those warnings too, eg

https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=damselfly&dt=2019-04-22%2010%3A00%3A15&stg=make-contrib

AFAICT they're harmless, so my advice is just ignore them.

If you're sufficiently annoyed by them to find the cause
and try to fix it, go ahead, but I haven't heard anyone
else worried about it.  It might be that SmartOS wants
something like what we have to do on macOS and AIX,
ie provide the core postgres executable in some sort of
linker switch while linking shlibs that will be loaded
by that executable.