Re: The database system is in recovery mode

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: The database system is in recovery mode
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Trevor Astrope <astrope@e-corp.net> writes:
>  Could this be the linux kernel randomly killing processes under heavy
> load issue?

I concur with the other respondent who pointed out that the kernel uses
signal 9, not 11, when it wants to kill something.  A check for marginal
hardware seems in order.

> Then after the machine is rebooted and while it is starting up, there is
> these messages:

> 2003-05-01 17:35:49 DEBUG:  ReadRecord: unexpected pageaddr 21/37D94000 in log file 33, segment 63, offset 14237696
> 2003-05-01 17:35:49 DEBUG:  redo done at 21/3FD92564

> I presume this is rerunning the WAL? Is the message serious...could there
> be database corruption or just lost transactions?

That message is expected if the old WAL happened to end exactly on a
page boundary --- which is somewhat unlikely, but certainly not
implausible.  I don't think you lost anything.