Re: Declarative partitioning - another take

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: Declarative partitioning - another take
Дата
Re: Declarative partitioning - another take
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2016/11/25 4:36, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Amit Langote wrote:

>>> Oh, sorry for not noticing it. You are right. Why do we need "with
>>> option" there? Shouldn't user be able to specify just "a primary key";
>>> it's not really an "option", it's a constraint.
>>
>> I just adopted the existing syntax for specifying column/table constraints
>> of a table created with CREATE TABLE OF type_name.
>
> I think CREATE TABLE OF is pretty much a corner case.  I agree that
> allowing the constraint right after the constraint name is more
> intuitive.

I assume you meant "...right after the column name"?

I will modify the grammar to allow that way then, so that the following
will work:

create table p1 partition of p (    a primary key
) for values in (1);

Thanks,
Amit