Re: WIP: Data at rest encryption

От Shawn Wang
Тема Re: WIP: Data at rest encryption
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
---- On Wed, 04 Sep 2019 00:56:15 +0800 Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote ----

On 2019-Aug-02, Shawn Wang wrote:

> Hi Antonin,
> It is very glad to see the new patch. I used the public patches a long time ago.
> I did some tests like the stream replication, much data running, temporary files encryption.
> I found that there is an issue in the src/backend/storage/file/encryption.c. You should put block_size = EVP_CIPHER_CTX_block_size(ctx); under the #ifdef USE_ASSERT_CHECKING.
> There is some problem to merge your patches to the latest kernel in the pg_ctl.c.

Is a new, fixed version going to be posted soon? It's been a while.

Also, apologies if this has been asked before, but: how does this patch
relate to the stuff being discussed in

Hi Álvaro,

Thank you for a reply.

I mainly said that the issues in the src/backend/storage/file/encryption.c. If somebody want to use these patches, I think Antonin need to fix it.
It does not relate to the stuff being discussed in TDE. As I know, some company use these patches to encrypt data, even if these issues don't matter.

Regards,
--
Shawn Wang