Re: question regarding regular expressions

От Cindy
Тема Re: question regarding regular expressions
Дата
Re: question regarding regular expressions  (frbn <frbn@efbs-seafrigo.fr>)
Список pgsql-general
Tino Wildenhain writes:

 >> I'm looking at, it says that you must issue a
 >> createlang plperl <dbname>
 >> in order to make use of this in a particular database.  Does this
 >> need to be done prior to populating the database, or can it be done
 >> any time subsequent?
 >
 >This can be done any time. And you dont have to stuck with perl,
 >even python (plpython) is a choice :)

OK.  I'm actually using 7.0.3 (it's supposed to be updated Real Soon Now),
and the documentation:
http://www.us.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.0/user/app-createlang.htm
doesn't seem to be helping:

Text=# createlang -l;
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "createlang"
Text=# createlang Text -l;
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "createlang"
Text=# createlang plperl;
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "createlang"
Text=# createlang 'plperl' Text;
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "createlang"
Text=# createlang plperl Text;
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "createlang"
Text=#

ack!

The options used for compiling this were (see below).

I also tried it on our 7.2 installation:

Text=# createlang plperl;
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "createlang"
Text=# createlang 'plperl';
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "createlang"
Text=# \q
[3:04pm] stephanus ~> psql -V
psql (PostgreSQL) 7.2
contains support for: readline, history, multibyte
Portions Copyright (c) 1996-2001, PostgreSQL Global Development Group
Portions Copyright (c) 1996, Regents of the University of California
Read the file COPYRIGHT or use the command \copyright to see the
usage and distribution terms.

and

env CC='/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc' CFLAGS='-v -fast' \
./configure                        \
--prefix=/usr/local/pg7.2          \
--with-includes=/usr/local/include \
--with-libs=/usr/local/lib         \
--enable-locale                    \
--enable-recode                    \
--enable-multibyte                 \
--with-maxbackends=256             \
--with-perl                        \
--with-pam                         \
--enable-odbc                      \
--with-iodbc                       \
--with-odbcinst=/usr/local/etc     \

as you can see, compiled with "with-perl" (for both 7.0.3, 7.2)

--
Cindy
ctmoore@uci.edu