Re: Set log_line_prefix and application name in test drivers

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Set log_line_prefix and application name in test drivers
Дата
Re: Set log_line_prefix and application name in test drivers  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: Set log_line_prefix and application name in test drivers  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> As long as we get %t and %p in there we're going to be way ahead, really.

Could we get consensus on just changing the default to
log_line_prefix = '%t [%p] '

and leaving the rest out of it?  I think pretty much everybody agrees
that those fields are useful, whereas the rest of it is a lot more
context-dependent.  (For example, there are a whole lot of real
installations where neither %u nor %d would be worth the log space.)

Personally I'm also on board with using this for regression testing:
log_line_prefix = '%t [%p] %q%a '

but I doubt it can be sold as a general-purpose default.