Re: [ADMIN] change pid/gid

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [ADMIN] change pid/gid
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Ray Stell <stellr@vt.edu> writes:
> Due to some external, sysadmin issues, I'm forced to change the pid/gid
> of the postresql user on CentOS6.  I'm wondering if this plan of action
> has any flaws.

Changing file ownership should be sufficient as far as PG itself is
concerned, but if you have SELinux enabled (which you should) I'm
not certain how this will affect its rules.  I think that the answer
is "it doesn't", or at worst that you'd need to reboot after changing
the /etc/passwd mapping, but it's something to keep a side eye on.