Re: Inheritance of foregn key constraints.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Inheritance of foregn key constraints.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrzej Mazurkiewicz <andrzej@mazurkiewicz.org> writes:
> After reading please comment if there are more objections for changing the
> depedency type for trigger to constraint dependency from the
> DEPENDENCY_INTERNAL to DEPENDENCY_AUTO.

I'm not sure which part of "no" you didn't understand, but we're not
doing that.

> lipa=> DROP TRIGGER RI_ConstraintTrigger_c_19322 ON master;
> ERROR:  trigger "ri_constrainttrigger_c_19322" for table "master" does not
> exist

This has to do with case-folding and lack of double quotes, not anything
more subtle than that.  A correct test would've given results like this:

regression=# drop trigger "RI_ConstraintTrigger_a_43528" on master;
ERROR:  cannot drop trigger RI_ConstraintTrigger_a_43528 on table master because constraint fk0_detail on table detail
requiresit

HINT:  You can drop constraint fk0_detail on table detail instead.

which is the behavior we need.