Re: index row size exceeds btree maximum, 2713 - Solutions?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: index row size exceeds btree maximum, 2713 - Solutions?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dan Armbrust <daniel.armbrust.list@gmail.com> writes:
> The index that is failing is CREATE INDEX i1 ON conceptproperty USING
> btree (codingschemename, property, propertyvalue).<br>
> Usually, the 'propertyValue' field is fairly short - 100 chars or
> less.  And in those cases, I need to be able to do an indexed search on
> it.

You do realize that the above index has nothing whatever to do with
searches on propertyvalue?  (Or at least not propertyvalue alone.)

My advice is to drop propertyvalue from the index and see what
performance you get.

You could possibly do something with a partial index, eg
    create index ... where length(propertyvalue) < 2000
but that'd probably require modifying your queries, so I suspect it's
not really very practical.