Re: MV patch broke users of ExplainOneQuery_hook

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: MV patch broke users of ExplainOneQuery_hook
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> The materialized views patch adjusted ExplainOneQuery to take an
> additional DestReceiver argument, but failed to add a matching
> argument to the definition of ExplainOneQuery_hook.  This makes the
> hook unusable.  The idea of this hook is that your hook function will
> do something before and/or after calling pg_plan_query and
> ExplainOnePlan.  But this no longer works, because ExplainOnePlan
> needs the DestReceiver, which hasn't been exposed to the hook.   :-(

TBH I'd like to revert all of that anyway; it seemed to me to be
basically gratuitous breakage of an API used by plugins.  I've not
had time to look at whether there was an actual reason for it and
if so how we might solve that differently.

Сообщение: Re: MV patch broke users of ExplainOneQuery_hook
Сообщение: Re: MV patch broke users of ExplainOneQuery_hook