BUG #16835: btree index does not work for where clause using 'foo%'

От PG Bug reporting form
Тема BUG #16835: btree index does not work for where clause using 'foo%'
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      16835
Logged by:          Hongyan (Heather) Zhang
Email address:      zhangh3@aetna.com
PostgreSQL version: 11.9
Operating system:   aurora postgres 11

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/indexes-types.html, according to this
page, btree index is supposed to work for where clause col like 'foo%', but
does not work for me. we are on aurora postgres 11, I also tested on
postgres 11, it does not work either.