Re: BUG #16835: btree index does not work for where clause using 'foo%'

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #16835: btree index does not work for where clause using 'foo%'
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/indexes-types.html, according to this
> page, btree index is supposed to work for where clause col like 'foo%', but
> does not work for me. we are on aurora postgres 11, I also tested on
> postgres 11, it does not work either.

As the manual explains, that will not work by default unless your
database locale is C (which is an uncommon default nowadays).

It's also possible that Aurora has changed something that keeps
it from working, but I'd investigate the locale angle first.