Re: [GENERAL] openvz and shared memory trouble

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] openvz and shared memory trouble
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> At this point the memory allocation as a problem is as much conjecture
> as anything else, at least to me. So what is causing SIGBUS is an open
> question in my mind.

Agreed, it's unproven what's causing the SIGBUS in the case at hand.
However, in the case I investigated for Josh Kupershmidt, it was provably
the fault of the kernel for failing to supply memory to back the shared
memory segment that it had previously agreed to allocate.  The fact that
both users are trying to run their standby server under OpenVZ is, shall
we say, merely suggestive.

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] openvz and shared memory trouble
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] openvz and shared memory trouble