Re: Postgres restart in the middle of exclusive backup and the presence of backup_label file

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgres restart in the middle of exclusive backup and the presence of backup_label file
Дата
Re: Postgres restart in the middle of exclusive backup and the presence of backup_label file  (David Steele <david@pgmasters.net>)
Re: Postgres restart in the middle of exclusive backup and the presence of backup_label file  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
"Bossart, Nathan" <bossartn@amazon.com> writes:
> It looks like the exclusive way has been marked deprecated in all
> supported versions along with a note that it will eventually be
> removed.  If it's not going to be removed out of fear of breaking
> backward compatibility, I think the documentation should be updated to
> say that.  However, unless there is something that is preventing users
> from switching to the non-exclusive approach, I think it is reasonable
> to begin thinking about removing it.

If we're willing to outright remove it, I don't have any great objection.
My original two cents was that we shouldn't put effort into improving it;
but removing it isn't that.