Re: PostgreSQL on VMWare vs Windows vs CoLinux

От: Tom Lane
Тема: Re: PostgreSQL on VMWare vs Windows vs CoLinux
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

PostgreSQL on VMWare vs Windows vs CoLinux  (Vitaly Belman, )
 Re: PostgreSQL on VMWare vs Windows vs CoLinux  (Greg Stark, )
  Re: PostgreSQL on VMWare vs Windows vs CoLinux  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: PostgreSQL on VMWare vs Windows vs CoLinux  ("Matthew Nuzum", )
    Re: PostgreSQL on VMWare vs Windows vs CoLinux  (Greg Stark, )
     Re: PostgreSQL on VMWare vs Windows vs CoLinux  (Matthew Nuzum, )
      Re: PostgreSQL on VMWare vs Windows vs CoLinux  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: PostgreSQL on VMWare vs Windows vs CoLinux  (Shachar Shemesh, )
 Re: PostgreSQL on VMWare vs Windows vs CoLinux  (Jan Wieck, )
 Re: PostgreSQL on VMWare vs Windows vs CoLinux  ("Leeuw van der, Tim", )
 Re: PostgreSQL on VMWare vs Windows vs CoLinux  ("Merlin Moncure", )
  Re: PostgreSQL on VMWare vs Windows vs CoLinux  ("Gary Doades", )

"Merlin Moncure" <> writes:
> ... Right now the win32 native does
> not sync() (but does fsync()).  So, the performance is somewhere between
> fsync = off and fsync = on (probably much closer to fsync = on).  It is
> reasonable to assume that the win32 port will outperform the unix
> versions at many tasks (at the expense of safety) until the new sync()
> code is put in.

... which was three days ago.  Why are we still speculating?