Re: [SQL] Interval subtracting

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [SQL] Interval subtracting
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Imagine this:

>     '1 mons -2 days -12:00:00'

> Which sign do we head to for this?  For justify_hours, if we don't look
> at the months it remains unchange, but calling justify_days we get:

>     '28 days -12:00:00'

> which is wrong (negative and positive).

Ugh, that's not good.

Based on that, I guess I have to change my vote: justify_hours should
still not look at the month (because it shouldn't use the month=30days
assumption), but justify_days should be changed to be effectively a
combination of both functions --- that is, it should fix all three
fields using both the 30days and the 24hours assumptions.  Then it could
guarantee that all come out with the same sign.