BUG #16550: Problem with pg_service.conf

От PG Bug reporting form
Тема BUG #16550: Problem with pg_service.conf
Дата
Re: BUG #16550: Problem with pg_service.conf  (Michał Lis <fcs1@poczta.onet.pl>)
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      16550
Logged by:          Michal L
Email address:      fcs1@poczta.onet.pl
PostgreSQL version: 9.6.11
Operating system:   Windows 7 x64 Pro/Ultimate

Hello,

I can't connect to a database via service defined in pg_service.conf file
from remote machine.

Connection from local machine using this service definition works fine.

I tested it on PostgreSQL 9.4 and 9.6.

The other problem is with the localization of the pg_service.conf file.
Reading internet solutions, I found, that this file may be placed in global
configuration folder. In my case it is D:\PostgrSQLx86\9.6\etc (the
SYSCONFDIR variable displayed by pg_config.exe).
Placing the file into this folder does not work.

I had to define the global system variable PGSERVICEFILE =
D:\PostgrSQLx86\9.6\etc\pg_service.conf.
After that the connection to database via service began work, but only on
local machine.

Regards
Michal